River Horse Brewing Co.
Apply for this position
Director of Brewing Operations
River Horse Brewery
JOB TITLE: Director of Brewing Operations
GO TO: Owners
POSITION TYPE: Full time
Location: Ewing, New Jersey
POSITION SUMMARY: River Horse Brewing Company is seeking a Brewing Operations Manager who will have primary responsibility for the efficient production of premium beer at our production facility in Ewing, NJ.
River Horse Brewing Company, a regional production brewery located in central New Jersey, is looking to add a brewing operations manager to elevate its team. River Horse is New Jersey’s oldest craft brewery and one of the largest in the state. We offer a competitive salary, based on experience, benefits including medical, dental and vision, and of course – free beer.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A craft brewing expert – you know the process inside and out and have been involved in packaging, brewing and beyond. You understand the full scope of the process and seek efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Spirit of growth, open to change things. Ability to see the big picture and effectively communicate the roles your employees play in it, motivating everyone to break out some great beer.
- Problem solver able to anticipate challenges and make proactive decisions when necessary.
- Experience in large scale production facilities.
- Flexibility, it won’t always go the way you planned – the ability to think outside the box to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Operations Managers (Chief Brewer and Head of Packaging) and other colleagues to hire, train, mentor and manage a competent, diverse and dedicated staff.
- Work with Head Brewer to write and manage production schedules and staff schedules to ensure the brewery meets all orders, releases and tasting room requests.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are in condition to produce quality beer on schedule.
- Develop and ensure adherence to SOPs that emphasize beer quality.
- Focus on quality control and assurance by working with production management to establish procedures and specifications, evaluating their effectiveness through rigorous laboratory testing and sensory analysis, and always putting the emphasis on quality.
- Manage the supply, transfers, inventory and storage of ingredients
- Manage brewing COGs to increase profitability.
- Assist with production tasks in any area of the brewery as required.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- 4+ years of brewing experience in a medium to large brewery.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- BA/BS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in canning and seaming technology is preferred.
- Bottling experience is preferred
- Mechanical skills demonstrated with equipment found in a production brewery.
- A passion for craft beer and the ability to embrace the spirit of the River Horse brand.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other departments and key stakeholders to deliver a high quality product.
- Focus on developing and implementing a high-level strategy to ensure alignment and achievement of all production goals.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing large to medium sized brewhouses.
- Interest and knowledge of a wide range of brewing styles and products – from barrel aging to very fruity beers. Knowledge of other fermentables is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- SINGLE CRY
- SINGLE IRA Matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- vision insurance
- brewing: 4 years (Required)
- management: 2 years (Required)
Apply for this position