About the role
Support clients to improve health and humanitarian outcomes for citizens of low- and middle-income countries. Contribute to Crown Agents’ success by delivering profitable business results and building Crown Agent’s reputation as a go-to provider for high-quality, inclusive health systems strengthening, health supply chain and humanitarian solutions.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Director of Global Health, this is an exciting new role within Crown Agents’ global health team, which leads and develops its portfolio of digital health technologies, strongly positioning Crown Agents in the market by ensuring that its programs are executed to a high standard. technical quality, ensuring that we meet and exceed expectations both in terms of program results and outcomes and client satisfaction, and ensuring that we build on existing programs, which translates through a healthy pipeline of programs.
The role will work closely with other technical leads to ensure that cross-cutting areas such as climate and health, quality and accessible services, health financing and health supply chain are properly integrated into its delivery strategies and will provide technical input as required in these respective areas. areas.
The role will develop and own Crown Agents’ digital health technology strategy and provide thought leadership on best practices and opportunities for innovation.
The role will build and deepen relationships with a select group of clients, representing Crown Agents as required.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Develop digital technology for the health strategy ensuring it positions Crown Agents well in the market as a thought leader and builds on current programs and other parts of the wider business, if applicable.
- Support the integration of cross-cutting themes such as climate and energy, health financing, health supply chain in the delivery portfolio.
- Provide technical quality oversight of digital health technology programming, drawing on internal and external experts as appropriate.
- Stay informed of global best practices and trends in digital health technology and ensure they are incorporated into the delivery of existing programs and the development of new ones.
- Develop and present technical briefings, journal articles, commission research as appropriate to support technical depth of Crown Agents in this area.
- Contribute to other areas of technical expertise as appropriate.
Winning business (20%)
- Aligned with health strategy, develop a business case that lays the foundation for winning new work in this technical area
- Earn digital technology important to healthcare companies to help clients (both national governments and international donors) run high-performing healthcare systems.
- For relevant programs, participate and provide technical input in identification, verification and negotiations with consortia partners.
- Build and develop (increasing our portfolio of work) relationships with key clients working in technology.
- Proactively generate new business opportunities, especially with new funders, by helping clients identify and understand their vision/goals for change
- Support and lead winning companies across the department as appropriate, e.g. writing technical sections, designing programs, reviewing bids, acting as bid manager as required.
- Provide program leadership with a digital technology component.
- Act as program director for relevant programs.
- Provide short-term technical assistance as required by health programs.
- Work with the PMO to ensure that quality assurance, risk management and M&E in all projects meet or exceed agreed development results
- As part of a broader continuous improvement role, support and challenge all project team leaders to meet or exceed agreed development results.
- Line management of relevant staff, helping them to develop professionally as needed.
Raising the Profile of Crown Agents
- Contribute to and lead, as appropriate, the production of communications and products for external use, such as community health research articles, and participate in “communities of practice” to keep abreast of the latest developments, industry standards, tools and methodologies.
- Build and maintain close relationships and effective networks with our clients, partners and consultants, contributing to the organization’s marketing activities and representing Crown Agents at a senior level in the outside world.
- Act as a resource for Crown Agents to provide support on external relations, stakeholder engagement, external and internal communications, technical notes, any other matters
- Know and comply with all standards following backup procedures and policies. Promoting the culture of speaking out for Crown agents to protect the well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults
- Know and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in line with Crown Agents commitment to work to the highest quality standards and strive for continual improvement
- Undertake international and domestic travel for consultancy and research assignments as required
If applicable, the incumbent must
- undertake all purchases in accordance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorization (Human) (WDA(H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our UK controlled drug license issued by the Home Office
- ensure that all purchases are made using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
Any other duties appropriate to the position, upon request
- Usually a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in health technology or a related field.
- Senior individual, able to bring a good technical understanding of climate and health and a strong ability to think strategically and solve complex problems
- Substantial and demonstrable experience leading digital technology programs, ideally with a health focus.
- Experience working with a wide range of Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) clients and governments
- Experience managing and leading a large development contract within a multilateral, bilateral, consultancy or NGO organization, with significant experience of being based in an LMIC
- Excellent understanding and proven experience in the practical aspects of designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating high quality digital technology programs.
- Experience of working in several national contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in technical grant writing and winning business strategies.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including but not limited to UK Government, GAVI. TGF, USG, UN Departments, Foundations, etc.)
- Excellent experience in organizational and program management, including with staff work plans, budget management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment and to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in building partnerships/consortia for development and humanitarian funding as well as negotiating programmatic contractual arrangements with partners.
- Understanding of program operations, including procurement and distribution of health commodities
- Management of large international health or climate programs at senior management level on large scale or multi-country health projects in Africa or Asia
- Familiarity with the latest global evidence and innovations in digital health technology, in LMICs and/or conflict and humanitarian settings.
- Familiarity with technical concepts, best practices and programming covering a range of digital technology issues