Submitting an application – consent

1. Before you start

This guide is intended for applicant lawyers. Before you can use the financial recourse services on MyHMCTS, you and/or your organization must have completed additional steps:

  1. Set up one HMCTS payment per account (so you can pay relevant fees)
  2. Registered your organization with MyHMCTS
  3. Set up your MyHMCTS user account

The MyHMCTS guide contains additional information and instructions. If your organization already has an account, contact the administrator to arrange for your account to be created.

Once you have a MyHMCTS account, you can log in using your email address and password.

If you need further help with MyHMCTS, email [email protected] We aim to respond within 5 working days.

The request must follow the rules of RPF Practice Direction 41B and 36T 2010.

If a financial recourse procedure is in progress, you must file the request with the court in charge of the procedure.

The party bringing the claim for monetary relief is known as the plaintiff in the monetary relief proceeding, even though they are the defendant in the divorce proceeding.

You will need PDF copies of the signed consent form, D81 and decree nisi or decree absolute.

Fees must be paid by PBA.

2. The list of cases

When you log in to MyHMCTS, you are presented with the “case list”.

Here you can:

  1. Find and view requests you’ve made.
  2. Create new apps.
  3. Move easily between divorce cases and financial remedy applications using filters.
  4. Look for cases. Use the “Find a case” link at the top right of the screen.
  5. Search by divorce file number, party names, or attorney reference.

3. Create and submit an application

1. Select “Create Case” at the top of your case list page.

2. Choose from:

  • Jurisdiction – family divorce
  • Type of case – financial recourse granted
  • Event – ​​Consent Order Request

3. Select ‘Start’.

4. Added plaintiff’s attorney details

1. Enter the name of the plaintiff’s lawyer.

2. Search for your organization using name or postal code.

3. If the search box fails to find your organization or displays an error, you should contact [email protected] for assistance.

4. Once you have found the correct address for your organisation, choose ‘Select’.

5. Divorce Details

1. You must provide the current divorce file number.

2. You must also upload a copy of the decree nisi or decree absolute. This must be in PDF format.

Make sure you don’t download the Certificate of Eligibility.

6. Applicant contact details

1. Your client must be named as plaintiff in the proceedings.

2. Enter the applicant’s full name, including middle names. It must match the information provided on the divorce file.

3. Identify the court closest to the plaintiff. This may be different from the divorce center that handled the divorce case.

seven. Respondent contact information

1. Enter the respondent’s full name as it appears on the Divorce Application.

2. If they are not represented, you must enter an elected domicile for them.

3. You must include a postal code. If you don’t know the postal code, you can enter ‘a’.

If the respondent’s address is to be kept confidential, do not enter it. Contact the CTSC separately to file a C8 form.

Make sure that any uploaded document does not contain a confidential address.

4. If the defendant is represented, you must provide the contact details of his lawyer.

5. Use the ‘search for an organization’ to add them to the file. You can search using their postcode or name.

6. Once you have found the right organisation, you must choose ‘Select’.

7. If you cannot find them, they may not have registered with MyHMCTS. You can continue with the application without these details.

8. You must provide the respondent’s attorney’s address for service.

9. Include a reference number for the responding attorney if possible.

10. If you cannot find the respondent attorney’s organization, they will not have access to the digital files but can still receive the paper files.

8. Nature of the request

1. You must answer certain specific questions on Form A.

2. Select at least one of the application types listed in the section.

3. If you select “Property Adjustment Order” for example, you will need to provide details of properties and mortgages.

3. If you select the nature of the application as “Recurring payments”, you need to answer a few questions about providing payments.

9. Download documents

1. You must upload a copy of the Consent Order. Select “Browse” and choose the correct file from your computer.

2. Select ‘open’ to add it to the file. Before downloading, you should check:

  • your client is the named applicant
  • the full names of the parties are cited and correspond to the divorce case
  • only the consent order is uploaded (no cover letter or pension document should be attached)
  • all pages are uploaded and the document is readable before submission

Download the D81s

1. You must upload a copy of the joint D81 or plaintiff and defendant D81, if applicable.

2. These must be downloaded in PDF format.

3. Select “browse” to choose the correct file on your computer and “open” to add it to the file.

4. Before downloading, you must check:

  • the divorce file number is correct
  • confidential addresses are redacted
  • all pages loaded correctly and are readable

Download the pension annexes

If there is a pension splitting element, this is where you upload the schedules.

1. Select the pension document type, such as P1.

2. Select “Browse” to choose the correct file from your computer.

3. Select ‘open’ to upload to file.

4. For multiple Pension Sharing Schedules, select “Add New” to upload them individually.

5. Make sure PDF documents are not password protected or encrypted.

Download other documents

You can upload additional documents to the case file, such as a defendant’s statement. It is useful for the judge that the name of the file reflects what it is, for example “respondent’s statement on legal advice”.

ten. Check your answers

1. You must check your answers before saving the draft application.

2. If you need to edit anything, select “edit” and you will be taken to the appropriate section.

3. You can also edit your application before submitting it.

4. If you have nothing to change, click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.

5. This will save the draft application.

Submit Application

1. Before submitting the application, you can consult the documents and information provided.

2. If you want to edit the request, select “Edit request details”.

3. If you wish to submit, select ‘case submission’.

Sign the declaration of truth

Complete the prompts to digitally sign the statement of truth.

Select payment method – help with fees

1. If you requested Fee Assistance (HWF) online, select “yes” when prompted.

2. Enter the HWF reference which must be unique for this application. You should not reuse an HWF reference.

3. If you did not request fee assistance, select no.

4. Enter your organization’s PBA account number and reference number.

Final verification and submission

1. If you have no changes, select “Continue” on all information pages until you get to the Submit button.

2. Once you submit, your application is sent to CTSC for verification and issuance.

3. The court emails you once the case is issued and referred to the judge.

4. You can follow your file by consulting the History tab.

11. Share a case

Once your application has been submitted, you can share it with others in your organization.

They will be able to update the record and fulfill orders on your behalf.

Boxes that are not eligible for sharing have their checkboxes dimmed.

You can split the deal by:

1. Check the box next to the relevant case.

2. Select the “share case” button at the top of the screen

3. Enter the email address of the user you want to share the case with.

4. You can only share with one user at a time.

5. There is no limit to the number of people you share the case with.

6. Repeat this step for each person you want to share with.

7. You can check the cases you want to share and “uncheck” the ones you no longer want to share.

8. When you are finished adding the users you want to share the case with, select “Continue”.

9. You can remove a person’s access to a folder by selecting “remove” next to their name.

10. Once you have chosen the people you want to share the case with, select “Confirm”.

11. If you are not satisfied with your selection, choose to go back at the top left of the screen which takes you back to the previous screen.

12. You are redirected to the final confirmation screen.

12. Get help with MyHMCTS

Manage cases and manage organization queries

The MyHMCTS service is supported by the My HMCTS support team. They’ll help you if you’re having trouble or errors with things like logging in or assigning cases. Contact them at [email protected]

Queries on files submitted on the portal

If you are a party to a case or intend to file a consent case on the portal and need assistance, please contact the CTSC at [email protected] or 0300 303 0642

Questions about a contested financial remedy claim

Contact the Financial Appeals Tribunal handling the case. Contacts can be found at HMCTS Financial Recourse Centers.

Financial Recourse Portal Questions

If you see an error message in the service that cannot be resolved, or have feedback on how we can improve, contact the HMCTS Financial Remedies Service team at [email protected] uk

About the author